Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Started two of my Udemy courses this week, and they're already outdated

I bought two Udemy courses while I was in school that I wanted to start as soon as I graduated: one on Bootstrap 4 and one on WordPress theme and plugin development. I bought the Bootstrap course in February 2019, and the WordPress course in December 2019. I finished school in December 2019.

I started both of them this week and am a little disappointed. The Bootstrap 4 course has outdated videos referring to the "alpha" version of Bootstrap 4. To put this in perspective, Bootstrap is currently in version 4.4.1. Which means that I would get better instruction from W3Schools or Youtube, which are free.

The WordPress theme and plugin development course seems to have been updated, because the course files don't match the video modules. I've learned and taken some notes, but I'm not sure if I want to spend more time on something that obviously hasn't been updated in a while.

Learning web development can be so frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment