Wednesday, January 8, 2020

W3.CSS just got on my nerves

One of my goals this year is to have a working knowledge of some CSS frameworks, and W3.CSS is one of them. I'm redoing one of my business sites with it and everything was going great until I tried to apply a color from their "Flat UI" color palette to some text. It doesn't work! It appears that W3.CSS has a limited set of colors that can be applied to text. Any colors other than those found at https://www.w3schools.com/w3css/w3css_references.asp#textcolor have to be applied manually. Which I feel defeats the purpose of using a framework.

I keep thinking about creating an awesome stylesheet that features semantic markup and a professional-looking color scheme that anyone can use. I know I would personally love to be able to link to a stylesheet and have colors applied to all the HTML elements perfectly. I need to work on it.

In the meantime, I need to finish this W3.CSS project so I can move on to a website using Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment