Thursday, February 20, 2020

I've fallen behind on my WordPress template creation schedule

And I have a plan, but let me explain first...

I had to admit to myself that my Javascript skills sucked and I needed to improve them ASAP to be considered a legit web developer. I found a few good tutorials and now I'm kinda obsessed with Javascript. I'm dreaming up all kinds of apps to create with it. So that took up some time.

I'm also starting a Master's degree program on March 1st and wanted to research as much as I could about it before I got started. I spent A LOT of time researching student experiences and taking notes on how I want to accelerate the program. Then I came across a post by a student that said to enjoy any freetime before starting the program because I pretty much won't have any once it begins. And I remembered that I have a goal of getting templates uploaded. So...

I'll be porting existing HTML designs to WordPress. I started with PSD files but it's been getting harder to find PSD that include images. And while I won't always use the free images included, it's good to have them for an idea of the "look" the template should have. 

The quickest way to get this done will be to download the all the HTML templates I want to port first. I've created a folder for my downloads business that contains three additional folders to categorize the projects: Active, Future Projects, and Completed. As I complete a project I'll move it from the Active Folder to the Completed folder. Future projects contains all the HTML designs I've downloaded ahead of time.

I've downloaded three HTML designs so far, only 20 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment